The members of the Council hold session once every four months in a regular basis. The Annual Budget of the Autonomous District Council has to be passed by the majority votes by the Council in session.
The other duties of the Council in session are to legislate and enact laws and regulations on such powers as conferred by the Sixth Schedule. Bills on laws and regulations passed by the Council in session are sent to the Governor of the State for his assent or approval.
To run the affairs of the Legislative Secretariat, the Council in session elects a Chairman and Deputy Chairman whose duties are similar to the speaker and the Deputy Speaker of the State Legislature.
The Office of the Legislative Secretariat is looked after by officers and staff headed by the Secretary to the District Council’s Legislative.
To be precised, this Legislative Secretariat looks after the administrative matters pertaining to the legislative functions of the Mara Autonomous District Council.
Chairman – Puhpa H. Sahlo
Deputy Chairman – Puhpa K. Pawhnie
Leader of Opposition – Nil
Officers & Staff
1. Secretary – Puhpa K. Chhihrau
2. Deputy Secretary – Pihnô K. Ngotha
3. Editor of Debate – Puhpa Derick Salai Solo
4. P.S. to Chairman – Puhpa N.S. Beihruasa
5. Translator – Pihnô V. Ngohnia
6. UDC = 1. B. Jaeli
7. LDC = 1. K. Ngohli, 2. K. Sitei, 3. H. Sipaw
8. Computer Operator-III - 1. FC. Beikhaizi
9. Dufty - 1. H. Chasa
10. PA. Set Operator - 1. H. Vabeiha
11. Dak Runner - 1. S. Beirona, 2. John Calvin
12. Marshal - 1. Kolua
13. PA. to Deputy Chairman - Isaac T. Beingachha
14. House Guard - 1. B. Luasa, 2. HC. Nelvin, 3. FC. Chongia, 4. S. Beilonga